Strategic Prevention Framework Model
Goals of SPF
- Prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance abuse
- Reduce substance abuse-related problems in communities
- Build prevention capacity and infrastructure at the State/Tribal and community levels.
The Identified Priorities for PFS:
Non-medical use of prescription drugs for ages 12-25 in Grady County.
- Increase proper disposal of prescription drugs
- Decrease improper storage of prescription drugs
- Decrease social availability of prescription drugs
The Identified Priorities for SPF-RX:
Decrease nonmedical use of prescription drugs among Grady County residents aged 12 and older.
- Increase prescriber use of the prescription monitoring program and prescribing guidelines
- Decrease medical availability (doctor shopping) by educating the community on the prescription monitoring program
Eight out of ten unintentional poisoning deaths involved a prescription drug in Grady County.
The 3 most common substances in Grady County unintentional poisoning deaths were:
Seven out of ten deaths in Grady County involved a prescription painkiller.
The Strategic Prevention Framework Partnership for Success (SPF-PFS) Community Data Workgroup will promote the appropriate use of prescription drugs by educating the community on the dangers of the non-medical use of prescription drugs and encouraging proper disposal and storage of prescription drugs in Grady County.
To reduce the non-medical use of prescription drugs in Grady County
Working together for change
Drop Box Locations
The OBN dropbox locations:
Chickasha Police Department
2001 W. Iowa Ave.
Chickasha, OK 73018
Grady County Sheriff’s Office
302 N. 3rd Street
Chickasha, OK 73018
Our PFS Partners
Grady County Coalition
Cedar Springs Pharmacy
Chickasha Clinic Pharmacy
Grand Care Pharmacy
Liberty Drug Pharmacy
Tuttle Police Department
The SPF Team
We are prevention educators and coordinators.
(405) 422-8871 ext. 201